We deliver this support service of early intervention and support to families with children up to the age of 16 ensuring access to specialist services where needed.
Ensuring that services are integrated and targeted at families who are considered to be vulnerable and/or at risk of negative outcomes, or not achieving developmental milestones.
WPA Early Intervention & Parent Workers carry out the following:
- Work with vulnerable and/or at risk families in the home, school and other settings, to provide advice/support and practical help that will develop resilience and protective factors
- Where identified, use the Early Help Assessment Framework to access additional support for families
- Participate in Team around the Family as required and work with the family and other agencies involved with them to provide an integrated service
- To be Lead Professional where this is appropriate for the family and service
- Work one to one with families, identify needs and facilitate the families' access to appropriate support/services. Where necessary, to accompany families to enable access to appropriate support/services, setting targets and measuring outcomes
- Maintain paper and electronic records of work and assessments
- To write reports as necessary for social care referrals and legal planning proceedings
- Ensure the safeguarding of children at all times
Our staff has the following experience to carry out this difficult and at times emotionally challenging role:
- Significant experience in working with families and children in a different role
- Experience in the Early Years/Social Care field
- Experience of working with families who are excluded or from hard to reach groups
- Experience of working with or in community and voluntary sector organisations
- Understanding of the needs of children and families from hard to reach or excluded groups
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of services available to support children and families and how to access them
For further details and a free consultation please contact us on0208 462 2716 / 01689 843322 or click here
"The experience and knowledge and excellent quality of service of our Education Provider WPA Education Welfare Services has enabled us to raise attendance levels.
Our EWO has not only worked in partnership with us to develop effective systems to manage and improve attendance but has also built good relationships with our staff and families.
Communication between the EWO and the school is excellent whether verbally, in emails or in the half termly summative Attendance Reports which both governors, senior leaders and myself find very useful for evaluating the attendance."
Mrs L Osbourne Head teacher Pickhurst Infant Academy
View more of our testimonials from satisfied clients