Education Welfare Services
Individual support to boost attendance
Our experienced education welfare officers work alongside your staff and families to remove barriers to attendance.
When you use our service, one of our skilled education welfare officers will be based at your school for an agreed number of days each week so they can build strong relationships with your families and staff.
- They will meet regularly with your staff to review attendance, implement good practice and identify which children might benefit from individual support
- We will help your senior leaders plan strategies to improve attendance
- Where children are not attending regularly, we will meet with parents either at school or at home to discuss attendance and agree an action plan
- Where there are safeguarding concerns, we will carry out home visits, including referring to social care and other agencies if necessary. We’ll also complete the paperwork and attend child protection conferences and other case meetings to provide continuity of support for each child.
- We will prepare statements for legal proceeding and issue Penalty Notice Warnings in line with local authority protocols.
Your school will also receive regular reports summarising attendance and reviewing casework, as well as email and telephone support, including during school holidays.
Working together, we can help your children boost their attendance and fulfil their potential. Find out how our experienced education welfare officers could support your school too.